Can you post the URL of the instructions you were following? Thanks!
Thanks for inquiring and for your interest in NSRR/dbGaP data. I am going to ping a couple others on the NSRR team who are more familiar with dbGaP and ask them to comment if they have additional information.
Here's my best attempt at answering your questions:
Good luck, please let us know if we can assist further!
Stephanie Marvin reviewed these files/issues and did what she could to fix them. In short, we removed the XML annotation files for aa2180 and replaced the files for aa2618 and aa2931.
I made some notes on the MrOS polysomnography introduction page.
A subset of our MrOS data were very problematic to export for NSRR years ago due to some past file corruption. We cleaned up as much as we could but some strange stuff still slipped through.
Thanks again for bringing these issues to our attention!
Thanks for the heads-up - we will check these MrOS files out.
Most datasets contain a "Montage and Sampling Rate Information" page, which describes the signals most commonly found in the PSG/EDF data.
Thanks for your interest in the site!
Thanks for checking out the site and data, Richard.
Yes, the XML files as-is will not work in Polyman. The "NSRR" versions of the XML annotations are designed to work with EDF Viewer. The "Profusion" XML are straight from Compumedics Profusion where the sleep studies were originally scored.
To make these "openable" in Polyman you will have to write some sort of script that translates the existing XML into the format readable by Polyman. You can explore the XML structure by opening one of the files in a text editor.
That's correct. There are individual "time until X" variables like MI, CABG, PTCA, etc. I think the CVD death variable is a composite that the dataset owners created from the other "time until fatal X event" variables, so you could probably create your own "time until first instance of CVD" from some of the other CVD Outcomes variables.
Some information here from the SHHS authors: https://sleepdata.org/datasets/shhs/files/documentation?f=SHHS_CVD_Outcomes_Protocol.pdf
Sorry for the confusion. The "time until death" is the correct definition. We will update this an upcoming release for these variables:
Thanks for the question. All of the "Start" times are in "seconds from recording start time". You are correct about the Durations, i.e. the SpO2 artifact (#2) lasted 3 seconds and the Arousal (#3) lasted 25.4 seconds.
Thanks for raising this on the forum. Yes, at my own glance, bmiz_change appears to be wrong. It looks like the data owners had another variable, chg_bmiz, which is more correct but was removed for redundancy with bmiz_change. I will swap the variables in a future release.
For the time being, I suggest using a calculation of your own for the BMI Z-score change between baseline and follow-up.