The One Year of Actigraphy (OYA) project is exploring new methods of sleep/circadian data analysis. The main target is to search for predictive algorithms from consecutive wrist actigraphy recordings of a free-living single subject using a MotionWatch8 (CamNtech Ltd) system on the non-dominant wrist for an entire year. The single subject was a 62 year-old male who wore the device between June 2016 and June 2017.
For more information, visit the data creator's actigraphy project website and read his IARIA conference presentation. In August 2019, the data creator released a follow-up article about the project.
Citation and acknowledgement
When using this dataset, please cite the following:
Zhang GQ, Cui L, Mueller R, Tao S, Kim M, Rueschman M, Mariani S, Mobley D, Redline S. The National Sleep Research Resource: towards a sleep data commons. J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2018 Oct 1;25(10):1351-1358. doi: 10.1093/jamia/ocy064. PMID: 29860441; PMCID: PMC6188513.
Actigraphy Analysis Project: Predictive algorithms of individual wrist actigraphy for real life. (http://www.actigraphy.eu/actigraphy-analysis-project.html)
Please include the following text in the Acknowledgements:
The National Sleep Research Resource was supported by the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (R24 HL114473, 75N92019R002).
Notes about the data
- Each data record represents 1 second of data. Each record has an associated date, time, activity count, and light exposure level.
- Original data are in .MTN format (https://camntech.com).
- Marker has been used to signal when the unit was not at the wrist.
- Since Marker signal is not exported at one second epoch, time intervals around markers have been deleted as "not available". Then data has been exported as .CSV in a spreadsheet (OpenOffice Calc) and "not available" has been changed in "-1".
- It is not possible to check the position of the recorder and therefore the ligh information is difficult to evaluate.
- The light data uses different formats, depending on the intensity of the light (see MW8 user manual). In order to simplify data management, Lux decimals are in a separate column.
- Original .MTN data are available on request.